POPLARVILLE AREA WASTEWATER PROJECT
- Client : Pearl River County Utility Authority
- Service Area : City of Poplarville and Surrounding Area
- Facilities : Poplarville Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion (WWTP) Oxidation Ditch for Primary Treatment Ultra-Violet Light for Disinfection Pumping Stations: 465 GPM Pumping Station – Highway 11 North 465 GPM Pumping Station – Highway 26 East 465 GPM Pumping Station – Highway 53 South Collection Lines Various sewer force mains between the new pump stations and the WWTP Oxidation Ditch for Primary Treatment
- Project Planning, Design, Construction Administration & Inspection, and Design & Construction Surveying :
- Construction Budge : $14,500,000
- Completion Date : September 2011
- Contractor : RaCon, Inc.
Waste Water Improvements
With growing challenges servicing the residents of Poplarville, upgrading waste water collection systems can be costly and cause a serious disruption to a critical service. Dungan Engineering Project Manager, Brooks Wallace and his team, were able to deliver a new waste water treatment facility and three new waste water pump stations to provide waste water collection and treatment to the Poplarvile service area along with other un-serviced areas while meeting the challenge of not disrupting service to existing customers. This was made possible due to Dungan Engineering being involved in all facets of the project, including planning, design, construction engineering and inspection. It was funded as part of a five-county utility project in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The new Poplarville area waste water improvements project delivered an increase in service capacity of 1.1 million gallons per day to meet the needs of the Poplarville area.