PICAYUNE WATER TREATMENT FACILITY
- Client : Pearl River County Utility Authority
- Service Area : City of Picayune and Dixie Utilities Service Area
- Facilities : Picayune Water Treatment Facility, Including: 750,000 Gallon Elevated Water Storage Tank Two 1,000 GPM Water Wells 2,000 GPM Water Treatment Plant and Lab On-Site Sodium Hypochlorite Generation 8”-16” Water Mains Through Various Dixie Utility Service Area 16” Water Main to the City of Picayune Stemwood Tank 16” Water Meter Station at the City of Picayune Stemwood Tank 500 Automatic Read Service Meters
- Professional Services Provided : Project Planning, Design, Construction Administration & Inspection, and Design & Construction Surveying
- Construction Budget : $4,400,000
- Completion Date : June 2011
- Contractor : Hill Brothers Construction, Inc.
Waste Water Plant
When the Pearl River County Utility Authority needed an innovative solution to the water service needs of the Picayune and Dixie Utilities service area, Brooks Wallace, Dungan Engineering, PA Project Manager and his team were called on to provide solutions. The project connected a new, innovative water treatment facility to the Picayune and Dixie distribution systems, as well as, provided municipal level fire protection to the Dixie Utilities service area and an automatic metering station that can be controlled remotely to provide a redundant water supply source to the City of Picayune. The project also provided increased water operating pressures throughout the service area and eliminated constant boil water notices due to low operating pressures. The project was the first in Mississippi provide water treatment utilizing sodium hypochlorite generation for disinfection.