BIG BAY LAKE DAM RECONSTRUCTION
- Client : Land Partners, LP
- Service Area : Big Bay Lake, Lamar County, Mississippi
- Facilities : Big Bay Lake Dam Reconstruction
- Professional Services Provided : Construction Administration, Inspection and Construction Surveys
- Construction Budget : $6,200,000
- Completion Date : August 2010
- Contractor : Tanner Construction Co., Inc.
After the dam failure at Big Bay Lake destroyed over 100 homes, Dungan Engineering was asked to provide construction engineering inspection and surveying for the massive reconstruction. Project Engineer Lee Mock and the team at Dungan Engineering were able to deliver a reconstructed dam on time and within budget. The failure of the dam caused the State of Mississippi to enact new policies regarding the construction and maintenance of dams throughout the state. Dungan Engineering continues to be a trusted source for engineering solutions that comply with these regulations and keep our area dams safe for the enjoyment of our citizens.